Sunday, 8 May 2011

Introduce Yourself...

(If you didn't read that out in the style of Faith No More, please listen to this then try again!)
Okay, so, it's rather unlikely but some of you may remember me from my previous blog, The Escape Plan of Darkest Red. And don't worry if you don't, it's my fault for being unmemorable. Anyway, if you never read that blog, or if you read it but can't really remember it - I know the feeling - the Escape Plan was the epic story of me escaping my small town life (think: your average Less Than Jake song)...okay, epic might be a bit of an exaggeration. It was more just my every day ramblings on my way to escaping small town life...
So the last time I posted was in 2007, I believe. I did escape my small town in 2006 and the 4 years since then...my boyfriend of 5 years and I broke up - his choice - and it took a very long time get over that, I have worked the same job, an administrator for a financial services company (NOT what I want to be doing) and that's pretty much it, to be honest. To sum up: everything I had hoped was going to happen in the last 4 years, frankly, hasn't.
And that has left me feeling a little lost. Pretty much all of my friends and family are in relationships and being the only single one is surprisingly isolating. If you are in a similar position, no doubt you will understand what I mean. If you are happily in a relationship, you probably won't have a clue but I do urge you to try and understand what it is like for any single friends you have.
Job-wise...well, I'm nearly 25 and I'm still doing a crappy, monotonous job that I hate. If I am going to spend the next 40 or so years having to work - and sadly, it looks like I won't be finding anyone willing to just give me money for no reason - I don't want to be doing a job I hate. I don't want a job that I'm just doing to pay the bills. I want something I can really sink my teeth into, something challenging (even my supervisor has pretty much admitted that I am wasted in my current role), something I like doing. I don't want just a "job". I want a career.
A career doing what, exactly, is the hard bit though.
Truth is, I'm nearly 25 and I have nothing to show for it. All of my friends have at least one thing
on track in their life - career/relationships/whatever - and I am the only one who is pretty much completely lost.
Anyway, I suppose I should have introduced myself properly, especially considering the title of the post.
For the purpose of this blog, my name is Darkest Red. You can call me either/or, I really don't mind! I am currently heading towards my 25th birthday, as already mentioned.
I am a Christian - don't hold that against me - but do not currently have a church I attend regularly. I like all the usual kind of things - movies, music, reading, writing. I'm pretty shy in general, although some people do have the tendancy to make me come out of my shell more.
I live with my ex boyfriend (*gasp*), although he spends pretty much all of his time with his new (or not-so-new now) girlfriend so I essentially live alone, in a flat with FAR too many spiders/insects for my liking. I am really not a fan.
Hmmmmm...not sure what else to say at the moment. I do think you can tell a lot about people by what songs they listen to though, so I thought it might be quite interesting if I do the 30 Day Music Challenge that has been on Facebook lately. I will start that tomorrow though, as it is late and I should be in bed.
Finally, I would like to promise that this blog won't just be me complaining all the time!
Good times, bad times...they all lead us where we're meant to be, right?
Here's hoping,
Love & respect
Darkest
x

No comments:

Post a Comment